You maybe didn’t know it but the team at SMK has been expanding rapidly over the last 2 years, now employing 5 members of staff globally - I know, look at us- world domination here we come!
Our newest recruit, Emma, started working with us at the beginning of September, so we thought it was about time we grilled her and gave you the opportunity to get to know her a little bit better and put a face to the name... and of course find out all her weird and wonderfully embarrassing secrets!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself
I’m Emma, I recently started here at SMK Creations. I’m a Spanish-culture enthusiast (I lived there for 3 years while studying) and my background is in marketing & sales.
2. How have your first few weeks at SMK been?
They’ve been great – the time has flown in. I’ve been working closely with Stephen, who is a great boss and mentor to learn from. I’m enjoying being involved in more projects and meeting more clients.
3. What were you doing before SMK?
Before SMK, I was the all-around marketing, admin and operations department of OHO… Thai Food To Go, a new fast food delivery start-up based in NI.
4. What made you want to work for SMK?
I was excited by both the scope and variability of the role, not to mention how the web design industry has been experiencing fantastic growth year-on-year.
5. What kind of things do you like to do in your spare time?
Socialising with my nearest & dearest, reading & Paint By Numbers (yes, I’m one of those people).
6. Did you learn any new skills over lockdown?
Hula-hooping (I can keep it up for over 30 minutes!) and, of course, I mastered my banana bread recipe.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching terrible movies that are so bad they’re actually good. The Room has to be one of my favourites.
8. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Sound Of Music – which I watch every Christmas with my mother.
9. What is one fact about you that most people don’t know?
I once worked as a Beer Pong Referee (yes, really…) back in my student days in sunny Spain.
10. If a movie was made about your life, who would you get to play you in it?
Rebel Wilson, because she’s just amazing in every way.
If you haven't already, you'll no doubt be hearing from Emma over the coming weeks and months and we are excited about her role in our fast growing team and getting a chance to taste some of that yummy banana bread she has mastered!